Reports of a Bear Cub have been received in the Clover Creek Community. Sightings recently on Wildrose Drive, between Wildrose Place and Clover Creek Lane.
If You See a Bear in Your Backyard:
- Stay Calm – If the bear finds no food, it will usually leave.
- Stay Away – bears may attack when they feel threatened.
- Warn Others – Bring kids and pets indoors. Remind others to keep their distance.
- Scare That Bear – Make sure the bear has a clear escape path. Make lots of noise, turn on lights, bang pots. Don’t let the bear become comfortable around your home.
- Remove Attractants – After the bear has left, make sure your home is bear proof.
- When to Call for Help – If the bear is threatening human safety, pets or destroying property, call the police at 911. Report sightings and encounters by following the link under Black Bears and Mountain Lions or call 303-441-3440.